Travel past ancient olive trees and simple shepherds herding their sheep and feel the stories of the Avos come to life! From Kever Rochel and Mearas HaMachpela – two of the holiest sites in Jewish tradition – to modern day sites of self sacrifice and heroism. This Hebron tour is a must for all tourists.
Here’s what we’ll see
- Daven at Kever Rochel where Rachel Imeinu was buried after she died in childbirth along the way.
- Continue on to the epic Me’arat Hamachpela in Chevron to pray at the graves of our forefathers.
- Tour the Jewish Quarter of Chevron and visit the Avraham Avinu Synagogue. The Avraham Avinu Synagogue has been at the center of the Jewish Quarter since 1540.
- View Beit Hadassah, a building that has been the backdrop for incredible struggle. All the inhabitants of Beit Hadassa were massacred during the 1929 Arab riots. And it was here that 10 women and their 40 children successfully held more than a year long strike to receive the government’s permission for Jews to return to live in Hebron.
- Drive through Kiryat Arba. The Jewish settlement town built on the outskirts of Chevron.
- Stop just outside of Jerusalem in Gush Etzion. At the Kfar Etzion Museum we’ll view an emotionally moving audio-visual presentation about the history of the area. It was in these hills in the 1948 War of Independence that Jews sacrificed their lives to help save Jerusalem. View the actual bunker where they hid and see how their grandchildren came to Gush Etzion to rebuild (only included on the Gush Etzion option).
- Stop at the magnificent viewpoint at Armon Hanatziv overlooking the Temple Mount from the South (time permitting).
This Chevron tour takes all necessary precautionary security measures and will have a bullet proof bus and armed guard accompaniment.
Chevron Tour info:
Time: 9am to 1/1:45pm (without Gush Etzion) or 5:30pm (with Gush Etzion).
Fee: $80 without Gush Etzion, or $110 with Gush Etzion (prices based on a minimum of 17 participants for this group price that includes the entrance fees)
What to Bring: Water, and a packed lunch for the Gush Etzion option – there is an option to purchase a light lunch in Hebron.
Book here for selected dates of the shorter tour, 9am-1/1.45pm (excluding Gush Etzion): Book This
Book here for the full day tour INCLUDING Gush Etzion, dates upon request, 9am-5.30pm: Book This
Or you can call the office in Israel on 718-701-3690 or 02-587-1718 to book for either tour option (if it is less than 15 hours before the tour: 0522-40-90-30).