The cobblestone streets and hidden alleyways of the lively Jewish Quarter are a must-see for every traveler to Israel. Remnants of the ancient city walls remain from the time of King Hizkiyahu and the first Beis Hamikdash! Beautiful artisan shops in the Cardo echo the sounds of the marketplace that stood on those same stones in Roman times. Connect with the rich history of Jerusalem and it’s vibrant present with our Jewish Quarter Tour.
What you will see on our tour..
- Zion Gate – The bullet marks are still visible from the heroic battle for the Jewish Quarter that happened here during the War of Independence.
- The famous Hurva Synagogue – Center of Jerusalem’s Ashkenazic Jewish community. It was demolished by the Jordanians but has been recently rebuilt to its original glory!
- The Cardo – An actual street from Roman times.
- Batei Machsa Square – a complex of homes built to house the poor Jews of Jerusalem and the last stronghold of the Jews in the War of Independence.
- The Gal-ed Memorial – the original burial place of those brave fighters who fell at Batei Machsa during the War of Independence.
- The 700 year old Ramban Synagogue – built by Rabbi Moshe ben Nachman when he was forced to flee Spain after winning the famous Christian debate.
- During peak seasons there is the option to begin with the Kotel Tunnels (for an added fee.)
- Much, much more…
Jewish Quarter Tour info:
Time: Tuesdays, 11am. Or any day upon request .
Meeting place: This tour begins at Jaffa Gate (Sha’ar Yafo)
Fee: $39 per person.
What to bring: Water, hat, and good walking shoes.
At Artzeinu Tours we’re here to make your trip to Israel the trip of a lifetime! We’re here to help with all the details. From booking hotels to arranging events like weddings or Bar Mitzvas. Click here to contact us and tell us what you need:)
Online booking is available below, or you can call the office in Israel on 718-701-3690 or 02-587-1718 to book (if it is less than 15 hours before the tour: 0522-40-90-30).